What researchers need to know about StudyFinder
StudyFinder displays data about actively enrolling UT Southwestern studies in a way that is intuitive and user-friendly. This information is extracted from ClinicalTrials.gov.
To help potential participants better navigate and connect with University research opportunities, we encourage you to review your studies periodically to ensure information is up to date.
Please also be aware that people may email you via StudyFinder to inquire about a study. We urge you to work directly with these potential participants, and to contact the StudyFinder team with any questions.
How to update your study
You can update select study information on this website or directly in the source data (ClinicalTrials.gov).
To update your study on StudyFinder:
- Click on the "Look up/Edit Study Information" button toward the bottom of this page.
- Log in using your UTSW userid.
- Look up your study information by entering the System ID, (i.e. NCT ID from ClinicalTrials.gov).
- Ensure the primary contact is a suitable person for potential participants to reach out to via email. You can override contact person name and email address.
- Save your changes by entering the secret key, and clicking the "Update Trial" button at the bottom of the page.
Common reasons why a study is not displaying on StudyFinder...
- Study is not listed on ClinicalTrials.gov, only studies listed on ClinicalTrials.gov will display on StudyFinder
- Study status is not listed as recruiting on ClinicalTrials.gov
- Study location is not listed as UT Southwestern Medical Center on ClinicalTrials.gov, study locations listed as Dallas or Texas will not display
If you have questions or comments, or need assistance updating your study information, please contact us at email@example.com.Lookup/Edit Study Information